Translate

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Yes & No...a parable continued



       Even where I've not yet laid rock, the road exists, invisible, waiting.

       Grasses & dust are just as easy on my feet.
       And mud turns out to be soft & warm, even when the rain above is cold.

       "You don't pay taxes?!" they will say, aghast.

       The only thing my contributions were ever used for that I approved of were maintenance of the ways in which society kept in touch with each other...& even then, their version of paving over everything with highways & byways was ugly.
       Not how I actually wanted my money (which is really my energy) to be spent.

       Yet I do still believe in the idea of making a contribution to society.
       In sharing support for the ways we travel to see & know each other & each place.

       And so instead of locking myself in an office or store, or behind a shovel or saw, to earn green paper that can be portioned out, a bit for me, a bit for elected officials to assign to others with tan buckets & steam rollers, instead, I move a rock or 2 or 12 a day, fitting their unique shapes near each other, getting to know, to form, a surface that can be walked, that can be shared.

       I ask permission of each rock before I move it, & do not move any from which I receive a "no."

       I also ask myself with each satisfactorily placed rock, do I wish to move another today, or not?

       Sometimes I say: "yes, lets."

       And other times I say: "No, let's go lie down in that field of wild grasses and play in our mind with our eyes & the clouds in the sky instead.

       And that's what I do.

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments: